Through the years, Pearson Construction LLC has been recognized as a leading contractor by both the public and private sectors. One of the keys to our success is the ability to provide our customers with a complete site development package including mass grading, concrete paving, demo and underground utilities. By staying ahead of technology and continually educating our employees, we provide the safest and most cost effective site solution to any project. If you are looking for a career in construction, you’ve come to the right place.
Construction Shop Management Position
The Pearson Construction shop is responsible for year round, maintenance and repair on all fleet pickups, aggregate dump trucks and yellow iron. A successful candidate will be highly organized with a strong mechanical background. This position will assist in the management of the day to day operation of the corporate shop.
General Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Assess condition of equipment and make repair recommendations.
- Assist in management of repair and maintenance mechanics.
- Discuss major repair decisions with senior management.
- Ensure that equipment being dispatched to projects is in safe and “ready” condition.
- Ensure that equipment is being serviced properly and timely.
- Manage responses to equipment repair requests from projects.
- Effectively interact with project superintendents in a professional, responsible manner.
- Assist staff, when necessary, in tasks such as removal, installation and repair of equipment.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Prioritize, delegate and perform all work placing safety first in all things.
- Utilize computer skills for tasks such as locating and ordering parts and tracking of equipment.
- Manage, approve and submit shop time and invoicing paperwork on time.
- Perform a variety of tasks and duties that may change often as the work conditions require.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Good communication skills to work effectively and safely.
- Kansas driver’s license in good standing -CDL a plus.
- Ability to work overtime, as required.
All employees are eligible for benefits first of the month, following 60 days of employment.
- 401k with Company Match
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Additional Voluntary Life Insurance for Employee and Dependents
Applicants Are Encouraged to Apply On-line or at the Main Office:
If you have any questions regarding our current open positions, or the online application, please contact our HR Department at the address below.
To Apply In Person:
2901 N Mead St. l Wichita, KS
Monday – Friday, 8am-5pm
In compliance with Federal and State equal employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, no-job related disability, or any other protected group status.